- The online enrollment for CLAT 2019 will open on 13th January 2019 and close on 15th April 2019.
- The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
- The CLAT 2019 examination will be held on Sunday, the 26th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- The CLAT 2019 examination will be held in OFFLINE mode
- The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2019 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration.
- Please fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify your candidature.
- No alteration/editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission/final submission of the form. The information once furnished by the candidate with regard to the category to which the candidate belongs, the preference for the NLUs and the Centre of the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates through online application mode shall be final and no change whatsoever, shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
- The candidates are required to read the instructions carefully and furnish correct and authentic information. In case the information furnished at any stage of the application, examination and admission process is found to be false or incorrect or if there is any discrepancy or mismatch between the information furnished by the candidate at the relevant section and the certificates/documents produced at the time of admission, the provisional admission offered to the candidate shall stand cancelled with immediate effect without assigning any further reason and the candidate shall stand disqualified from being considered for further admission to the NLUs by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- Relevant certificate for your respective State of Domicile. Issued by revenue department/taluk office. Please note that this upload is optional at the time of application. However, you will need to produce this document at the time of admission, if you are claiming reservation under the domicile category.
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Consortium Office.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
- Application fees can be paid only online.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates : Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT-2019 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after you choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
- Indian Nationals/NRIs/PIO/OCI seeking admission in either of the UG/PG programmes shall appear in CLAT-2019.
- Foreign Nationals need not appear for the test
- The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted on or before 15th April, 2019 (11:59 P.M.). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
- For any information relating to the 21 NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective Institutions available in the CLAT Consortium website.
- For NRI/Foreign National seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the e-brochures as well as the websites of the respective NLUs for more details. All NRI Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT-2019 examination for those NLUs where such category is admitted through CLAT 2019 rankings and not admitted directly by the concerned Universities.
Admit Card/Hall ticket
- The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
- The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2019 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office. The basis of allotment of seats shall be 'merit-cum-preference', i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category/categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2019 results.
Other Important Instructions for the Candidates
- Information regarding the details of intake, reservation policies and the courses offered along with the fee structures of various participating National Law Universities is available in the Information Brochure which can be accessed from the official website of CLAT and also from the websites of the participating NLUs. The candidates are, therefore, advised to thoroughly go through the rules, policies and the fee structure of the participating NLUs before filling in the application form for UG as well as PG courses, and also for the NRI and Foreign National seats.
- Information provided in the e-Brochure regarding the intake, reservation policy, fee, courses offered and the subjects taught at various levels including the areas of specialization, etc., has been specified very briefly. For detailed information regarding the same, the candidates may refer to the information available at the websites of the participating NLUs.
- In the event of unforeseen incidents resulting in the cancellation of a Test city or centre, or insufficient or extra number of candidates opting to appear from a particular Test Centre, the Convenor, CLAT-2019 reserves the right to cancel such a City/Centre and shift the applicant to another City/Centre
- In order to claim the benefit of reservation, the candidate must produce the relevant certificates as prescribed by the Government of India/State Government and as required by the respective NLU at the time of admission, as notified by them.
- The CLAT-2019 application fee is non-refundable and non-adjustable.
- Participating National Law Universities reserve the right to change the total number of seats and break-up of seats as per their policy before the final allotment. The reservation policy is subject to change as decided by the concerned Government from time to time.
- If a candidate has filled-in more than one online application form, the candidate's last online application form only will be considered. In such cases, the application fee for the previous application forms will not be refunded.
- The allotment of seats and the offer for admission under CLAT-2019 shall be provisional and shall not create any right of admission in favour of a candidate.
- Candidates are advised to visit CLAT-2019 website regularly for updates.
Best of Luck!!!